Lawn Care basics.
Best practices for taking care of your lawn.
- Clear the ground of debris or trash so it has plenty of room to breathe.
- Trim trees to give the ground plenty of space to absorb the sunshine.
- Trim about a third of the grass height per mow, you don’t want to drastically reduce the size of it.
- Avoid going a long period of time between mows.
- Microbes and compost are the nutrients for your grass.
- Keep your lawn well aerated.
- Water regularly, preferably in the morning or evening.
- Introduce native plants to your yard for best eco system.
- Use beneficial insects instead of chemical fertilizers.
Landscaping and Swimming Pools
The idea of landscaping around a swimming pool is ideal. It provides the perfect atmosphere for a 5 star resort like feel, without spending on travel. It’s an escape you can enjoy almost any day of the year. Taking a cue from our partners in South Florida, here are 5 tips for landscaping around a pool.
- Use plants that do not shed too many leaves in the fall. Otherwise you’ll be doing more maintenance than swimming.
- If your backyard fence is low, and easily gives your neighbors a peek inside, use shrubs and palms around the pool to limit outside visibility. Keep your activities private.
- Add a hot tub. Perfect for balmy winter nights, but can also be enjoyed on breezy summer days with a nice glass of wine.
- Use trees with some height to it for shade. Pro tip: add two trees and tie a hammock to it. You’ll thank us later.
- Make sure whatever landscaping you do, that it’s native and easy to maintain.
If you’re in South Florida, and are in need of a Licensed Commercial Landscaper in Miami, FL , check out Commercial Landscaping Miami. For a Salt Water Pool Contractor in Miami, FL , check out Salt Water Pool Miami. Together, you can create your ideal oasis in Miami.
With rain being increasing unpredictable, having a smart home system and automation for your sprinkler system can save you hundreds, if not thousands of dollars over the course of a few years. A great ROI, especially if you’re considering selling your home.
Speaking of creating an ideal oasis, we had our friends at Carpentry Miami Pro show us some of their custom bar and outdoor kitchen build outs, and they were very impressive. Recommended now that Summer is here.
For our commercial clients, Summer is here and along with that so is Hurricane season. To keep your assets protected we recommend installing some impact resistant storefronts and doors .